- At the completion of a service or transport job, parts are scanned onto the job, labour details are entered.
- Customer reviews the completed work order and signs directly on to the tablet or phone.
- All the job details (including captured photos) are automatically sent back directly in to the service system for immediate review and billing.
BASEPLAN DELIVERS UNMATCHED GENERAL HIRE & RENTAL EQUIPMENT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE.
Running a general rental equipment business involves an extensive range of operations. The Baseplan rental equipment management software is designed to provide process control from inquiry through to quoting, reservations, deliveries, pickups, stand downs, and payment processing.
Baseplan’s rental management capability is extensive and includes:
- Managing high volumes of rentals and associated agreements.
- Short and long term rental agreements.
- Ease of managing frequency of equipment turnover.
- Comprehensive transport management.
- Planning of daily activity sheets including driver allocation and runs.
- Recording of delivery and pick-up details and on-glass signing.
- Mobile transport app that includes details of jobs sent to drivers with drivers being able to acknowledge and confirm completion.
- Effective pre and post hire inspections.
- Configurable check lists by make and model.
- Ability to capture and attach photos for damage tracking.
- Support and drive sales.
- Ability to convert quotes to contracts.
- In field access to customer information, rental history, service history, transactions and rental rates.
- Efficient management of equipment availability and planning.
- Detailed Planning Calendar for better visibility of equipment availability and ease of tracking.
- Visual representation of equipment status including equipment reserved, out for delivery, on-hire, off-hire, returned. In inspection and in service.
- Allocation of serialised and associated items, for example harnesses and fire extinguishers.
- Comprehensive sub hire functionality, integrated to scheduling, purchase orders and supplier invoicing.
- Integration with the Telemetry providers.
- Integration with Telemetry providers of your choice to provide hour metre readings and allow you to manage minimum and maximum hours with associated excess hours billing.
- Several intuitive tools, such as dashboards and advanced analytics to assist you in decision making.
INTEGRATED WET HIRE MANAGEMENT
When managing both wet and dry hire, you need to be able to plan, allocate, and track accordingly. Having all the right tools at your fingertips allows you to streamline and customise every aspect of your hire.
- Easily plan and allocate equipment and resources to hire contracts.
- Flexible billing based on time, engine hours or employee-entered dockets.
- Multi-line dockets to charge for multiple resources and job types on a single invoice.
- Docket based billing for labour/wet hire.
- Timesheet entries integrated with Payroll and sub-contractors.
- Labour revenue and costs are accrued and matched to the equipment hire.
- Planning calendars for both wet and dry hire. Match equipment availability and location with labour resources and operators, licensing, certifications and inductions. In the long term, the planning calendar will assist you in measuring equipment and labour productivity.
AUTOMATIC PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE SCHEDULING
Baseplan’s Service module has been built from the ground up to handle all of the processes of a Service department:
- Breakdown management right from customer call logging, through prioritisation, planning and allocation to technician and job dispatch over the wire.
- Proactively manage equipment condition through Service Scheduling, also known as Preventative Maintenance Plans.
- Multiple scheduling and planning options, management of OEM product recalls and field service bulletins (FSB’s) for warranty and Preventative Maintenance.
- Ability to attach Service Kits to Service Schedules.
REAL-TIME ASSET UTILISATION AND PROFITABILITY
Baseplan Software is an ARA Metrics certified solution.
- View extensive real-time utilisation calculations via a wide range of reliable graphs, tables and charts.
- Utilisation analysis is available through our financial contribution analysis system which allows the user to drill down to individual transactions and see ROI and full costs of ownership, such as service costs and depreciation compared to income.
- Data can also be easily exported to Excel.
- Book, tax, and finance depreciation is held concurrently on each asset in the Asset Financial Management system. Assets can be joined or split as required.
- Automatic disposal process for quick and efficient sale of assets.
- Assets Register integrates with the General Ledger, Equipment Ledger and Accounts Payable Ledger (in respect to finance leases).
- Maintain sub assets.
- Put a “hold” on depreciation.
- Revalue assets with full audit trails.
EMPOWER FIELD TECHNICIANS WITH INTEGRATED MOBILITY APPS
Baseplan’s Service Mobility and Transport Mobility apps keep drivers and mechanics connected at all times. The applications seamlessly communicate between in field technicians (e.g. mechanics and drivers) and allocators back in the office.
Complete, real-time, seamless communication with field technicians increases efficiency, reduces paperwork, eliminates errors, and improves cash flow.
COMPLETE FINANCIAL REPORTING ACROSS ALL DIVISIONS OF YOUR BUSINESS
Baseplan Enterprise is fully integrated with key modules within the software. For instance, credit checking is available in both rental and service modules. This eliminates the need for double data entry and speeds up processes.
- All financial transactions are recorded in real-time and linked back to the general ledger.
- No need to integrate to a 3rd party accounting system and no additional monthly payments or time spent consolidating reports or information from two different software systems.
- General Ledger is updated in real-time and reports up to the second financial data. The comprehensive general ledger account numbering system allows for great flexibility in the setup and formatting of the chart of accounts for departments, cost centres and different types of revenue and expenses.
- Procurement optionally starts within the Request For Quote module which links together Accounts Payable with equipment specifications and allows for a cohesive process with respect to engaging suppliers for tender.
- Budgets can be imported from Microsoft Excel and tracked in real-time against actual performance.
- Multi-currency is supported for customer and supplier facing transactions. Foreign exchange adjustments can also be performed easily with revaluation adjustments automatically taken through to the general ledger.
FULL VISIBILITY ACROSS YOUR ENTIRE BUSINESS
With your sales, rentals, parts, service, and finance departments functioning co-operatively, Baseplan Software delivers the highest level of process control and visibility. From initial quotes through to invoicing, you receive consistent, reliable data. Real-time integrated KPI reporting removes manual processing and potential errors.
Contact us today to learn more about our flexible payment options and find out how your elevated work platform company, large or small, can benefit from Baseplan’s business management software.
Baseplan Software helps you manage all of your assets
MORE FOR YOUR HIRE & RENTAL BUSINESS
For over 30 years, our business management software has been built specifically for the hire and rental equipment industry. Baseplan is fully equipped to help manage your assets, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
JLG Thrives With Baseplan
"Baseplan links all the operations of our business from our people in the field to our back office staff. For us, Baseplan Software has become a total operating system." -Bob Mules, General Manager
Service Mobility Software
The Baseplan Service Mobility app connects directly to the business management software, providing comprehensive, real-time service management that tracks all service operations.