- At the completion of a service or transport job, parts are scanned onto the job, labour details are entered.
- Customer reviews the completed work order and signs directly on to the tablet or phone.
- All the job details (including captured photos) are automatically sent back directly in to the service system for immediate review and billing.
BASEPLAN DELIVERS A COMPLETE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE SOLUTION.
Running a construction rental business involves a large range of operations. The Baseplan Enterprise system has been designed to provide process control from inquiry through to quoting, reservations, deliveries, pickups, stand downs, and payment processing.
Baseplan’s Rental Management capability includes:
- Short and long-term contract management.
- Detailed Planning Calendar for better visibility of equipment availability and easy tracking.
- Ability to set rental rates by customer, site, and equipment make/model to effectively manage rental rates and billing options on an hourly, daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis. Underlying minimum charges ensure all rentals generate revenue.
- Integration with the Telemetry provider of your choice to provide hour meter readings and allow you to manage minimum and maximum hours with associated excess hours billing.
- Effective pre and post rental inspections by capturing and attaching photos.
- Sign on glass capability to simplify returns by managing fuel charges and return invoices.
- Comprehensive sub rental functionality to manage equipment from customers, create the agreed invoicing for the cross-hire and report on sub hire utilization.
- Several intuitive tools, such as dashboards and advanced analytics to assist you in decision making.
- Attachment bucket management for enhanced business support.
INTEGRATED WET RENTAL MANAGEMENT
When managing both wet and dry rental, you need to be able to plan, allocate, and track accordingly. Having all the right tools at your fingertips allows you to streamline and customize every aspect of your hire.
- Easily plan and allocate equipment and resources to hire contracts.
- Flexible billing based on time, engine hours or employee-entered dockets.
- Multi-line tickets to charge for multiple resources and job types on a single invoice.
- Ticket based billing for labor/wet hire.
- Timesheet entries integrated with Payroll and sub-contractors.
- Labor revenue and costs are accrued and matched to the equipment hire.
- Planning calendars for both wet and dry rental. Match equipment availability and location with labor resources and operators, licensing, certifications and inductions. In the long term, the planning calendar will assist you in measuring equipment and labor productivity.
AUTOMATIC PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE SCHEDULING
Baseplan’s Service module has been built from the ground up to handle all of the processes of a Service department:
- Breakdown management right from customer call logging, through prioritization, planning and allocation to technician and job dispatch over the wire.
- Proactively manage equipment condition through Service Scheduling, also known as Preventative Maintenance Plans.
- Multiple scheduling and planning options, management of OEM product recalls and field service bulletins (FSB’s) for warranty and Preventative Maintenance.
- Ability to attach Service Kits to Service Schedules.
REAL-TIME ASSET UTILIZATION AND PROFITABILITY
Baseplan Software is an ARA Metrics certified solution.
- View extensive real-time utilization calculations via a wide range of reliable graphs, tables, and charts.
- Utilization analysis is available through our financial contribution analysis system which allows the user to drill down to individual transactions and see ROI and full costs of ownership, such as service costs and depreciation compared to income.
- Data can also be easily exported to Excel.
- Book, tax, and finance depreciation is held concurrently on each asset in the Asset Financial Management system. Assets can be joined or split as required.
- Automatic disposal process for quick and efficient sale of assets.
- Assets Register integrates with the General Ledger, Equipment Ledger and Accounts Payable Ledger (in respect to finance leases).
- Maintain sub assets.
- Put a “hold” on depreciation.
- Revalue assets with full audit trails.
EMPOWER FIELD TECHNICIANS WITH INTEGRATED MOBILITY APPS
Baseplan’s Service Mobility and Transport Mobility apps keep drivers and mechanics connected at all times. The applications seamlessly communicate between in field technicians (e.g. mechanics and drivers) and allocators back in the office.
Complete, real-time, seamless communication with field technicians increases efficiency, reduces paperwork, eliminates errors, and improves cash flow.
COMPLETE FINANCIAL REPORTING ACROSS ALL DIVISIONS OF YOUR BUSINESS
Baseplan Enterprise is fully integrated with key modules within the software. For instance, credit checking is available in both rental and service modules. This de-duplicates data entry and speeds up processes.
- All financial transactions are recorded in real-time and linked back to the general ledger.
- No need to integrate to a 3rd party accounting system and no additional monthly payments or time spent consolidating reports or information from two different software systems.
- General Ledger is updated in real-time and reports up to the second financial data. The comprehensive general ledger account numbering system allows for great flexibility in the setup and formatting of the chart of accounts for departments, cost centers and different types of revenue and expenses.
- Procurement optionally starts within the Request For Quote module which links together Accounts Payable with equipment specifications and allows for a cohesive process with respect to engaging suppliers for tender.
- Budgets can be imported from Microsoft Excel and tracked in real-time against actual performance.
- Multi-currency is supported for customer and supplier facing transactions. Foreign exchange adjustments can also be performed easily with revaluation adjustments automatically taken through to the general ledger.
FULL VISIBILITY ACROSS YOUR ENTIRE BUSINESS
With your sales, rentals, parts, service, and finance departments functioning co-operatively, Baseplan Software delivers the highest level of process control and visibility. From initial quotes through to invoicing, you receive consistent, reliable data. Real-time integrated KPI reporting removes manual processing and potential errors.
Contact us today to learn more about our flexible payment options and find out how your construction equipment company, large or small, can benefit from Baseplan’s business management software.
Baseplan Software helps you manage your construction equipment fleet
More for your construction equipment
For over 30 years, our business management software has been built with the construction equipment industry in mind. Baseplan is fully equipped to help manage your fleet, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
JLG Thrives With Baseplan
"Baseplan links all the operations of our business from our people in the field to our back office staff. For us, Baseplan Software has become a total operating system." -Bob Mules, General Manager
Service Mobility Software
The Baseplan Service Mobility app connects directly to the business management software, providing comprehensive, real-time service management that tracks all service operations.